0412 013 739
Greenwich Reserve, 100 The Strand
Newport, Victoria 3015
We will soon be publishing our extensive historical record, which has been carefully curated and preserved despite an early garage fire (!) sometime in or around 1947. The most recent custodian has been Life Member Laurie Treadwell. Our club was established in 1908 as a subsidiary of the Williamstown Cricket Club and won the Division 2 premiership against Moonee Ponds 11-9 the following summer. President J A Thompson sitting center was also the Vice President of the Victorian Baseball League (VBL). Our pitcher, C Dolan hailed from the U.S. and went on to represent Victoria, along with other early players H Smith and A McShane (pictured in the second photo standing second from the left). The second photo is taken at the MCG in 1910 where our winning team played Melbourne, the winners of the Division 1 flag. Williamstown won this game, breaking Melbourne's winning streak of six games, although the scores are unknown.